Three Takeaways from Hubspot’s Inbound 2017
I have never attended one of Hubspot’s Inbound events. – Prior to the event, a colleague wrote a blog about how to prepare for these events, and I was more excited than ever to get out there and learn as much as I possibly could. Here are three key takeaways.
- ABM is here to stay
Account-based marketing (ABM) has recently taken the marketing world by storm. ABM is more than just a buzzword, ABM is the new reality. When using this strategy to drive your marketing efforts, it’s important to know the differences between an ABM mindset, and an inbound mindset. With an ABM mindset:
- There are only a certain number of companies to pay attention to vs. paying attention to any company that comes in your marketing funnel.
- You will have a customized approach vs. a broader approach.
- You must make sure your messaging lines up with the company you are targeting.
ABM isn’t going anywhere. And if you haven’t implemented ABM strategies, now is the time to start.
- Email Marketing is as important as ever
It is a common misconception that email marketing is on its way out the door. In reality, email marketing is as important as ever. Here are a couple of tips when it comes to email marketing:
- Make sure to set up inbound nurture emails. When a lead comes in, you need to have a personalized message at-the-ready, based on their user behaviors and what they viewed on your site.
- It’s extremely important to keep your lists up to date. Have some leads unsubscribed? That’s OK, just make sure to suppress them from any nurture emails. Is there a group of people who have not engaged with your emails in the past couple months? Now might not be a good time to talk to them, suppress them for a couple months and then try to reach out to them again.
- It’s common knowledge that you only send emails Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, right? Wrong. Since this is when most emails are being sent, try sending on Friday and your email won’t be competing with every other email that gets sent during the Tuesday-Thursday schedule.
Email marketing is just as important as ever. Make sure to email for upcoming events, to nurture your leads, and to keep your customers up to date!
- Don’t forget about the basics
When it comes to using ABM and nurture email flows in your marketing strategy, these can be a little complicated. Take some time to plan to make the most out of these two strategies. Something you can’t forget about when developing, and implementing these strategies is the basics of marketing. One takeaway that stood out at Hubspot’s Inbound event was lead generation and awareness through email signatures.
One example of how you can optimize your email signature is to use it to promote upcoming events, webinars, whitepapers, etc. Make sure to use UTM codes on those email signatures so you can track the prospects that signed up because of it, and this way you will be able to track the effectiveness of your “signature marketing”.
Hubspot’s Inbound event was a wealth of knowledge. From exploring ABM strategies, to making sure marketing basics don’t go under looked.